Friday 6 July 2012

ReMix 08 - Demo Source Code

Some of you that have come to this blog after going to the ReMix 08 conference are probably wondering, "Where is that source code Paul said would be here!?" Well, most of it is here, it's just smashed across a lot of posts.

But, it's not all under one project ready for you to run and play a game with, so that's what I am putting up here in this post. In the following zip is my GSM (Game State Manager) which I have posted before, this version has a few changes in it that I think improve on it a little. Also, and this is a first for my blog, a cut down version of my physics engine, I have removed a lot from it as it is just not used in the demo, but you will see the basic principles of what I am working on. I wont even start to explain the physics engine here. Also, you will remember in the demo my volumetric cloud system, I have removed it from the demo as I want to post this in it's own right again, as I want to explain what I am doing with it.

Well I hope you liked the demo and get something from this source code. I am also including *.ccgame files that can be used to install (I use the word very loosely) on your PC or XBox 360. To be able to use any of the source you will need XNA 2.0 as well as the latest DirectX9c, to install the *.ccgame files on your XBox 360 or deploy the source to your XBox 360 you will need a Creators Club account as well as an XBox Live account (Silver will do). Don't forget to build the GSM and custom content pipeline before the ReMix08 project the first time you build.

Downloads:
ReMix08 Source, with demos (includes PC & XBox 360 projects)
ReMix08-Windows.ccgame
ReMix08-Xbox360.ccgame

For both the ccgame files I had to give them a .zip extension so they could be downloaded, please remove the .zip extension befoer executing thr ccgame files.

2 comments:

  1. "Don't forget to build the GSM and custom content pipeline before the ReMix08 project the first time you build."

    Hello, I have no idea how to do that, could you please help me out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Don't forget to build the GSM and custom content pipeline before the ReMix08 project the first time you build."

    Hello, I have no idea how to do that. I´ve downloaded several .ccgame files and I don't know how to run it. Could you please help me here?

    ReplyDelete