Sunday 8 July 2012

Collision Detection – Per Triangle



OK, have been helping out a friend with some collision detection, and in doing so, found that my current collision system is not up to scratch. So, I am going to implement the new collision system I have come up with...

I can't take any credit for this, all I have done is implement code from a white paper into XNA. I would not have even looked at this yet and had it on the back burner, so a big thanks to James for giving it focus :)
As you can see from the clip, it's still early days..

Now to be honest I am still not 100% sure I need this level of collision detection. At the moment it is only of real use for low poly models but I have a plan to get it working for large ply models. Once I have that bottomed out I’ll post the code and you can see how it’s done. DONT expect me to explain the maths, I understand the principle, but not having the maths background, I don’t feel anywhere near qualified to explain the inner workings..

Hope you like the clip anyway..

Should really give you the link to the white paper shouldn’t I, you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment